background





Sunday, June 11, 2006

Utah sucks, no maybe its just mormons

So I serve at the Olive Garden here in Provo which one would think is not that bad of a gig. And it isn't really, I love the people I work with and most of the time I enjoy my tables. There is one trend however, that I have began to notice about the guests, the majority don't tip. Okay they do, but its like 10%. In California people would be embarrassed to do that here they think its normal. WRONG!!! Maybe I wouldn't mind so much if I made more than $2.13 an hour, which in case you're interested only covers taxes so my checks come with a lovely pattern of VOID decorating every inch of their surface. At least I haven't been stiffed since my first day of training. I guess the tips could be worse, but let's face it not much. And I'm not gonna lie, every time someone orders alcohol I get excited because I know that a decent tip will come off that table. So you see that cheap mormons have led me to a life where I encourage others to drink away their worries, and I recommend it too . . .

1 comment:

canasian said...

True that. I think regardless of our circumstances, we should respect our customs, especially when people rely on them for a living. If you eat out, be prepared to tip. Simple as that. Having heard like a ga-zillion similar stories leads me to believe that people haven't been raised well. At least I won't be settling in Utah... (fingers crossed)