background





Tuesday, October 14, 2008

silence, ahhhh.

My fifth period is my rowdiest class. They are incapable of shutting up. Some days I handle it very well, other days they push me over the edge. Today after telling them 6 times what page to open their book to I changed my lesson plan on the fly. Instead of the super easy mapping activity with colored pencils they will now read and answer questions, while on silence! Okay, first I asked them to raise their hands if they were over 16 ALL of them did, then I asked why people who were basically adults could not follow a very simple direction. one of the students told me it was because they were immature, had selective hearing, and didn't want to. I asked how well they thought that was going to work out for them today, they said not well seeing as they could tell I was pissed.

They were right. But, the silence is SO golden.

No comments: