background





Tuesday, September 16, 2008

the dance

I have no photo to accompany this, but I really wish I did. Each night there is a hilarious little dance that happens at my house. The dance consists of Jamie chasing Demon around trying to pick him up while he darts around like a humming bird trying to avoid her, all the while she is yelling, "I just want to love you!" I usually just stand there and laugh, but last night I had mercy on her and suggested she corner him in a room, low and behold she got him =).

It might seem silly, but little things like that are what make life good. Just like I look forward to the two day drive I take every year in the summer with my grandmother and aunt to the Oregon Coast literally all year, I laugh so much those two days. And, I control the radio. That seems dumb, but I'm the youngest of not only my immediate family, but also my extended one so control over anything with them is a big damn deal.

Anyway, the point is I don't need huge things that make me smile, to make me happy, or to make me realize that I have a good life. What I need are all the little things, like the nightly dance.

No comments: