background





Friday, April 06, 2007

? ? ?

I hate the emotional roller coaster that is my life. I should know from past experience that anytime I am creeping steadily higher and my happiness rate soars that I am, in fact, moments away from careening down some ninety degree incline leaving not only my stomach, but also my heart behind. I understand that to appreciate good/bad, bitter/sweet, elation/depression you must experience and understand both sides or you would not be able to recognize either in your life. But, is it really necessary for me to swing from one extreme to the other, couldn't there be a slightly more balanced way of having both in my life? Please?

1 comment:

canasian said...

You know, I don't think that there is. I'm learning that life isn't as rich or as full if I go around in it with my guard up all the time. It may hurt more when I fall as I'm running faster, but the speed is so much more exhilarating. I think that experiencing higher highs and lower lows makes the importance of using our agency and choosing what we want in life that much more precious of a gift. So, I think you're good.